Monday, September 7, 2009

Raja Saves The Day!

You may not see what is so special about this shot unless you have attended church services with us and Zaki! Zaki is "on the go" to put it nicely and "the energizer bunny on speed" to put it bluntly. He runs, has a very difficult time sitting, tries to escape, makes loud noises and out- bursts, and is overall quite disrupting. I love my small congregation of faithful brothers and sisters in Christ, they have been very patient with us, and understand the way Zaki is.
Well this Sunday in particular, I brought Raja. I was expecting to have to call the hubby to pick up one or both of the little ones. I was not sure that Raja would make it the three hours, and was certain that Zaki wouldn't. Imagine my delight when these two settled in quite nicely!
Raja woke from his sleep to go "round up" Zaki when he tried to take off toward the door!!

Zaki was a hit with his friend Raja. All of the kids at Sunday school enjoyed the super service dog in training too!

Raja and Zaki driving! We are working on Raja during dusk and night to help a fear issue he has been having.

They are both so very talented!
The other very promising event that happened at church was while I was not paying attention (I was putting Zarek's tie on in the corridor) I had one foot on Raja's leash. I felt a tug and Raja let out one bark. My initial thought, was "Lovely! This again?!" He has been going through a fear stage and the barking has been something that the trainer has been working feverishly with, as that would obviously pose a public access issue! I turn my head to see Zaki making a mad dash out the door. Something I would have missed completely! GOOD BOY RAJA - Click, TREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment