Monday, March 16, 2009

Love At First Sight!!

Raja 9 weeks old
How is it possible to love a little guy so quickly? We don't really 'know' him, and he does not 'know' us either. But we do! It was definitely love at first sight! We have waited over two years for a sweet boy to help with our Zaki, an extra set of eyes and nose to be his best friend.

Zaki meets Raja for the first time!

Zaki was so excited to go get Raja. We all were really! Zaki woke up in the morning and said “Go get my dog??” Raja just followed Zaki around everywhere! Raja also approached Zaki first when Zarek myself and our trainer Laurie walked in the door. That thrilled me!

I was serious when I said Raja just followed Zaki everywhere~

C-U-T-E!

We played with Raja in Jewel's back yard, she brought him from Indiana on the plane, he slept in her lap the whole trip and didn't make a peep. I was a little concerned that Zaki would not understand that we now had to go drop him off with someone else and that he was not coming home with us. The biggest problem on the way home was Zaki wanting Raja right on top of him the whole ride :) !



Ahhhhhhh!
Fortunately, this was not a problem for Raja at all. Zaki was lovin' on him, and he was lovin' every minute of it! You know I was thinking about how much I want to be a puppy... you see they have the unique gift of "shuttin' it down" absolutely any time they want to. Oh, how I would love to have license to do that! :)

Nap Time, I'm pooped!

I have to hit the hay, but will post more tomorrow about Dagmar, Doug, and sweet Hannah - Raja's foster family until he is a bit older and ready to come live with us full time!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! God's Divine hand is obvious through it all.
    Blessings,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete